sunday, december 16, 2007
I like how these look:
They reminded me of squared circles so I had to find some of those too:
sunday, july 22, 2007
saturday, may 05, 2007
These are two of my favorite pictures from the New York Times recently:
A wolverine, part of “A Featherless Audubon Menagerie”.
An illustration for “The Brain on the Stand”.
These are three of my favorite articles, which are somehow all about food:
- “A Taste of Ghana” — street food that sounds delicious.
- “Thumb-Wrestling With Plantains Is Now an Optional Sport” — Edwin Rodriguez and the invention of the E-Z Peeler.
- “Native Foods Nourish Again” — “‘You can go to most any area of this country and eat Thai or Chinese or Mongolian barbecue, but you can’t eat indigenous foods native to the Americas.’”
monday, december 18, 2006
My comics for Graphic Novels class didn’t turn out very well — I’m not much of a storyteller, but I draw without shame. They ended up more like blog posts (click for bigger version):
You, too, can be as cool as I am and obtain these pieces of paper, suitable for dorm rooms everywhere:
- Calder’s Smoke Rings
- How to make a Life Poster
- You’d have to ask me about sending you a Powerbook Helvetica print
- Emoticons poster from Veer/Speak Up
- Make your own Danger Helvetica sign
- Napoleon’s March — the Tufte poster
- Squidfingers wall pattern (lower right)
- Pokey the Penguin has a posse — not displayed, but still important
Things that will be on my walls eventually:
- What’s up? South! World Map
- Focus, an Alternative Motivational Poster
- A version of “Exotic Landscape” by Henri Rousseau that is neither full of stupid nor overly expensive